The Urban Tech Jobs Program (UTJP) is now accepting applications for cohort 4.
Information sessions are currently scheduled for July 30th at 10AM, August 6th at 1PM, August 13th at 1PM, August 20th at 1PM and August 27th at 10AM at the Urban League of Portland.
What is the UTJP? UTJP is a program supported by a grant from the U.S. Department of Labor to help long-term unemployed individuals find gainful employment in the technology field. The program is free of charge to participants and provides the following:
- Job Readiness and Resiliency Workshops
- A customized Individual Career and Education Plan
- Paid technology training and certification
- Access to paid on the job training (paid by the program at $14.00 per hour)
- Career coaching and assistance with application materials
- Incentives for finding permanent employment
- Supportive services for up to six months of employment
Who is eligible for the Urban Tech Jobs Program? Individuals who meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Show proof of unemployed or underemployed for at least 27 weeks. Underemployment is defined as a person who had a full-time job at least 27 weeks ago but is now only able to secure temporary work assignments, part-time work or a lower status position for the past 27 weeks or more.
- Individuals cannot be full-time employed
- Have at least a high school diploma or equivalent
- Authorized to work in the United States as evidenced by having a social security number
If you know someone or work with a program participant who might be interested and/or eligible for UTJP, please share this is information with them. Encourage them to also share the information about UTJP with as many people as possible. Individuals can either attend an information session or schedule a one on one with me directly 503-422-7454 or Lonnie Silva firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your time and support!