Are you interested in learning about county programs, budgets, and priorities?
Budget Advisory Committees
The Office of Community Involvement is now accepting applications for new Budget Advisory Committee (CBAC) members. CBACs are groups of community members that review and make recommendations on county departmental budgets and operations, and are one of the key ways the county receives community input on its budget priories.
There are nine CBACs, one for each Multnomah County department. The requirements for CBAC membership are:
- that you live in Multnomah County;
- that you have an interest in the programs and budget process of the County;
- that you are available to attend meetings and participate in deliberations (most CBACs meet monthly, with more meetings during budget season).
Appointments to the CBACs are for three years, and members may serve for six consecutive years.
How to Apply
- Complete the application online
- Or download the paper application and mail it to: Office of Community Involvement, 501 SE Hawthorne Blvd. Suite 192, Portland, OR 97217
Applications received by 5pm on Friday, September 14 will be reviewed first. Following the deadline, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as needed.